Connectrix 2013 Ltd is committed to creating a drug and alcohol free workplace to safely achieve its business objectives.
- promotes employees’ wellbeing, health and safety
- creates a work environment where employees feel safe
- recognises the importance of satisfying the client and providing quality service
- improves business performance including management of business risk and associated costs
- supports the requirements to comply with our head contractors Drug & Alcohol Policy
The Drug & Alcohol Policy and Procedures will apply to all employees of Connectrix 2013 Ltd as well as sub–contractors.
Connectrix 2013 Ltd will support its staff in achieving this goal through the following initiatives:
- Pre-employment Testing
New appointments may be contingent on applicants returning a negative drug test
- Post-Accident/ Incident Testing
Employees may be tested for the presence of drugs and/or alcohol when they are involved in an incident or accident where their actions may have contributed to the event. Certain serious incidents will result in mandatory testing
- Reasonable Cause Testing
Employees may be tested for the presence of drugs and/or alcohol where their actions, appearance, behaviour or conduct suggests drugs and/or alcohol may be impacting on their ability to work effectively and safely
- Random Testing
Employees will be subject to be randomly selected for testing for the presence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Serious Misconduct
Employees observed taking, selling, supplying or being in the possession of drugs and/or alcohol at work will be disciplined according to Connectrix 2013 Ltd’s serious misconduct procedures. Employees refusing to consent to undertake drug/alcohol testing will also be disciplined as above.